- Reading time: 3 mins
- Marketing Strategy
Happy first day of spring! It doesn’t seem like spring with the towering snow banks all around us, but the days are getting longer, the sun is still up after 5 p.m. and many people have warmer weather on their minds. With a new season comes a renewed sense of purpose for some business owners. Many are feeling reinvigorated and ready to tackle the new season with new ideas. If you’re one of those people (or if you anticipate you will be one of those people once the snow melts a little more), you may be searching for helpful marketing ideas to welcome spring. Here are 5 ideas to get you started!
- Run Facebook Contests. Spring is filled with wonderful holidays that you can work into your marketing strategy. One coming right up is Easter, of course. There’s also Mother’s Day and Earth Day, along with a bunch of others that are unique, such as National Library Workers’ Day on April 10 and National Nurses Day on May 6. There are a bunch of fun holidays (both observed and unofficial) that you can use to theme your Facebook contests.
- Try New Marketing Initiatives. Maybe you’ve been reading up on Google AdWords, but haven’t yet taken the plunge, or you’ve been toying with the idea of boosting posts on Facebook. Spring is a great time to try out something new and see how it works for your business. Make sure you pay close attention to whether these initiatives are successful and adjust accordingly as the year progresses.
- Promote Spring Cleaning. Appeal to customers who have already purchased your product or service by encouraging them to service the product (if necessary) or come in for something new. If you sell any items that someone may need for spring cleaning, you could also capitalize on that. For example, if you sell a variety of home improvement materials, focus on the products that will specifically help customers with their spring activities. If you sell appliances, spring may be a great time to encourage people to clean their dishwasher or washing machine by sharing a video about how to do so. Get creative and think of what exactly your business has to offer in terms of gearing up for warmer days ahead.
- Freshen Up Your Storefront or Interior. Celebrating spring in Maine may make you chuckle given that it has been below freezing most of this week, but it’ll warm up before we know it and with warm weather comes melting snow, mud, and mess. Sprucing up your storefront or giving your interior a refresh and encouraging customers to come in to check it out is a good way to get people through the door and excited about shopping.
- Get Outside. Once the weather is warm enough, take advantage of getting your business outdoors. Have a sidewalk sale, sponsor a local sports team, or hold an event as simple as a barbeque to welcome spring after a long winter.
At Pulse, we’ll be welcoming spring by revamping our content strategy and working on an e-book. I’d love to hear your content ideas. What do you want to learn more about this spring?
In the meantime, use these marketing ideas to welcome spring and keep dreaming of warmer days ahead.