- Reading time: 3 mins
- Social Media
We can’t resist looking at short videos. Our eyes are naturally attracted to the movement and colors. In fact, Animoto reports that “4 times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.”
Businesses have taken notice, and so have powerful social media platforms. Facebook has put a spin on traditional video, and now allows users to broadcast live from their account – an interesting development for those looking for new marketing opportunities.
According to Facebook “People spend…3x…[longer] watching a Facebook Live video on average compared to a video that’s no longer live. This is because Facebook Live videos are more interesting in the moment than after the fact.”
So how can you take advantage of this powerful new tool? Here are five ways to use Facebook Live for business:
- Address frequently asked questions. Are your customers curious about how a certain product looks outside of the box? Do they need some help with a piece of tricky technology? Have they broken something and asked how they should fix it? These questions can be addressed on Facebook. Turn the session into a live Q&A – address questions you hear frequently, and ask for others in the comment thread that shows up under the video. Make sure someone else monitors the thread, and you can answer questions on the spot. You’ll connect with customers and offer them the information they need in a quick and easy format.
- Offer a tutorial. If you have a product you’d like to generate some buzz about, try out a live video. Show your customers how the product works, explain how you made it, let them know how much it costs, and show them where they can buy it. Product demonstrations are an effective way to entice a customer to buy something, and using Facebook Live for business is a way to bring that demonstration to them without any effort on their part.
- Give a behind-the-scenes look. Do you run a brewery, a restaurant, or a toffee making business? Think of all the possibilities for Facebook Live. Show viewers who makes the beer they love so much, or prepares their dinner once per week. Give them a behind-the-scenes look at the toffee-making process, or show them something else about your business that makes it unique. A behind-the-scenes look is a way to intrigue customers and capture their attention – after all, what you’re offering is something they don’t see every day.
- Tease a new product or service. Do you have an incredible new product coming to your store soon? Let your customers know! Give a short teaser about the product and build up some excitement about its release. Tell them when it’s coming, what they can expect, and why they should be interested.
- Broadcast an event. Do you host live music at your bar every Thursday? Show the people who aren’t there why they should stop by! Using Facebook Live to broadcast an event can help people see what they’re missing out on – and encourage them to come next time.
Do you have an idea about how to use Facebook Live for business? Let us know! We’d love to hear how you’re putting social media to work for you.