- Reading time: 3 mins
- Content Writing
Do you want more visitors to see your website? At Pulse we’re always thinking of new ways to drive traffic to our home page, but our tried and true method is simple and effective: blogging. Have you considered why you should start a blog for your business?
Take a minute and brainstorm with me. What are some of the ways people find your website? They could type your URL into their browser, right? That’s the most direct way, but this audience might not be the one you’re hoping to reach. You’re on their radar, and they probably visit your website every so often. They’re part of the lifeblood of your website traffic, but a pre-established audience doesn’t help you get new customers.
You could pay for traffic by placing tons of paid search ads, but that can be expensive. So, how can you get new visitors? In short: blogging. Let me explain:
- Blogging drives traffic to your website.Every time you write a blog post, it’s one more indexed page on your website, which means it’s one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic search.
- Blogging contributes to your search engine optimization strategy.Do you know what search engine optimization (SEO) is? Here’s a quick explanation: SEO is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine. SEO is a process – you can’t rise in search rankings just by clicking a few buttons. The way you rank in search engine results is based on a complex algorithm Google has fashioned, and blogging can help you show up in results for different topics. Blogging is one more cue to Google and other search engines that your website is active and they should be checking in frequently to see what new content surfaces.
- Blogging can beef up your social media presence. Writing a blog post provides content for you to share on social media, and content for others to share as well.
- Blogging helps establish authority.The best blogs answer common questions customers have. If you’re consistently creating content that’s helpful to your target customer, your blog will establish you as an authority in their eyes. This is a particularly handy tool for sales and service professionals. For example, if a hotel in coastal Maine is seen as an authority on travel to coastal Maine, people will come to their website for advice about what they should do while they’re in town, and a place to stay.
- Blogging drives long-term results.Blogs are often evergreen, which means that they’re a reliable resource no matter when someone looks at them. The effort you put in a few months ago can turn into web traffic today. One of the most frightening aspects of the internet is that once something is out there, it can’t be erased – in this circumstance, this is a good thing because a blog won’t expire.
What do you think of these reasons why you should start a blog? Are you convinced that it’s a great way to help your business grow? Now it’s time to get started!