I am a big fan of our local chambers of commerce. I think they do a great job offering numerous benefits to their members and keeping local business owners on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends within our community and nationally. If you’re not a member of your local chamber of commerce, you should consider becoming one – I’m an active member of three local chambers.
Every year in May, the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce brings us an amazing opportunity to network and develop new business relationships at their Business Expo. This year the event will take place on May 21 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Cross Insurance Center. Here are five reasons why you should attend this year’s Expo:
1. Networking – You’ll have a chance to walk the show floor, view exhibits of local businesses, and meet potential clients and business partners.
2. Professional Development – The Chamber has lined up a series of seminars on relevant topics including social media marketing and Search Engine Optimization. For a nominal fee of $10.00 you can attend the morning keynote panel session. All afternoon seminars are free of charge.
3. Inspiration – You’ll get energized by talking to your peers and exchanging ideas with them. Expos are filled with exhibitors willing to share new ways of doing business more efficiently. It’s worth stopping by each booth and inquiring about what they have to offer – you never know where your next business opportunity will come from.
4. Fun – Exhibit hall prizes, free food, and a Happy Hour at 4:00 pm – all while giving your business greater exposure in the local market – you can’t beat that!
5. Free Marketing – Attendance is free (other than the above mentioned nominal fee for the morning keynote session), and you’ll have ample opportunity to tell other attendees and exhibitors about your business. Make sure to attend the speed networking session in the afternoon.
Even if you’re not an exhibitor this year, mark May 21 on your calendar as a ‘business development day’ and join me at this year’s Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce Business Expo. While you’re there, make sure to stop by the Pulse booth to say ‘hello’ and attend my afternoon seminar on SEO at 1:30 pm.
For more information about the Business Expo visit:bangorregion.com