Why Social Media Marketing is So Important
As of January 2016, there were 1.97 billion active mobile social accounts worldwide (We Are Social), and 85 percent of customers expect businesses to be active on social media (Vocus). Social media marketing and advertising is now an important part of marketing strategy. It helps attract visitors, convert leads, close customers, and can take your business in a positive direction.
That’s why it’s important to know exactly what social media marketing can do, and why it’s important to invest in a sound strategy. Here are a few things that show why social media marketing is so important to businesses today:
- Social media is a brand unifier, where customers can see the human side of a brand. The best way to create a brand identity is by nurturing exposure of your brand. Social media helps audiences recognize your brand and connect a certain product, service, person, or voice with it. Let audiences see not just what you offer, but also why you offer it.
- Social media is also where customers tell marketers about themselves. Customers like to share information on social media. They may leave a review explaining how great your product is, or send a message asking about rates for your services. These actions help you better understand what a customer is looking for, and how you can capitalize on that need.
- The essence of social media for a business is knowing the audience and engaging them in something they love. It’s important to pay attention to the many resources social media platforms offer. Facebook insights allow you to better understand which kinds of posts engage your customers, and which fall short of your goals. These programs can help you understand and engage your audience.
- Social media is a great way to build a close relationship with your customer base. An example of an organization that uses social media to build a relationship with the community is our local Bangor Police Department. They have created a Facebook persona that is recognizable by not only the community, but also others around the United States. They use humor to connect with locals and build a relationship that helps connect with the community in a way that was previously impossible.
- It’s an affordable way to reach targeted groups. Creating ads and boosted posts on Facebook allows you to home in on groups of people. You can target those ages 18-21 in Bangor, or an older group in Aroostook County. You can create special audiences for your posts, and hit the kinds of people you find respond best to your product or service. The best part is that for $20 here or there, a boosted post can reach huge audiences without a lot of effort.
Social media is still a relatively new form of marketing that many have yet to discover the benefits of. Try it for yourself to see how it can help your business, or give us a call for a free consultation.