7 Tips to Help You Maintain Your Social Media Profile
Studies show that it takes an average of 7 seconds to form a first impression of someone, this has never been more true than on social media. No matter which platform you use, your company profile is your chance to make a good first impression as a brand. If your self-description isn’t the first page customers and prospects see when they search for your business, they’ll still refer to it as a “background check” into your company’s legitimacy, expertise, and employees – and it’s a chance to showcase your distinctive attributes outside of your business website. To make a strong impact on your social media page, make sure you put together a solid, detailed, and accurate profile.
Here are 7 tips to help you maintain your social media profile:
- Fill out your business page completely. A careless or fragmented social media profile can be worse than no profile at all. Your business profile can provide a valuable SEO boost as social media data such as your location, business type, and summary frequently tie into Google search rankings. So don’t leave anything blank.
- Use engaging photos. In a mobile market, a picture is worth a thousand words! Any images on your profile should express competence, expertise, and credibility, but also human personality. Show your face and be relatable. People want to see people – they’ll trust you more and engage with you more if you show who you are and that you like to have fun too. And remember to update those photos regularly.
- Brand your page. Customize your social media profile to match your brand – your website, your logo, and every other piece of your marketing collateral. Make it easy for your customers and prospects to find and recognize your brand on any platform.
- Proofread. Careless errors are a death sentence to professional credibility. Check and re-check your profile’s grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Then, check it again.
- Review regularly to stay relevant and interesting. Make sure your social media profiles reflect your other marketing materials – your website and print materials should communicate the same message.
- Keep your company data up-to-date, especially your contact info and any URLs. That may go without saying, but it does little good for social media users to find you if they can’t get in touch with you or follow your links.
- Stand out from the crowd. Your profile is your chance to showcase what your business is all about, as well as the talented people behind your brand – so be adventurous! Use videos, infographics, contests, and other creative elements to provide insight into your products, services, and personality.
Your social media profile is one of the most valuable marketing tools your business has. Maintaining this profile is essential to reaching your prospective clients in our increasingly connected world. For help creating and maintaining your social media profile, check out our Social Media eBook or give Pulse Marketing Agency a call for a free 30-minute consultation today.